All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications must be received by December 1, 2016. As with all programs using ERAS, application materials will be distributed by your medical school’s dean’s office.
To complete your file for residency, the following documents are required:
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Dean’s Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Minimum of 2 ideally 1 from medicine and 1 from pediatrics. Chair or PD letters are not required.
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE/FLEX Scores (Step I)
- Visa Status (if applicable)
If you are an international medical graduate the following documents are required:
- Valid ECFMG Certificate
- Applicant Evaluation Status Letter from the Medical Board of California. Must be identified in ERAS as “recommendation letter number four (4)”
Graduates of Foreign Medical Schools
Contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for application materials and eligibility requirements.
Individuals who have already graduated from a foreign medical school must have a valid Applicant Evaluation Status Letter from the Medical Board of California
The LAC + USC Healthcare Network only accepts the use of J-1 visas for postgraduate training.
Useful websites for foreign medical graduates: